A. Binford Minter represents business clients in a broad range of matters, such as organization and investment, contract drafting, trademarks and trade secrets, litigation and collection.
His practice also includes representation of a local government in a southwest Georgia county. Bin is equally comfortable appearing in rural Georgia courthouses as he is arguing before federal judges or the Georgia Supreme Court.
Representative Matters :
- Drafted complex operating agreements, subscription agreements and private placement memorandum attendant to private offerings and ensured securities compliance (such as Form D).
- Drafted employment agreements, management services agreements and incentive stock/unit purchase agreements for privately held businesses with tiered ownership structure.
- Drafted numerous liability waivers, releases and other forms for general business use.
- Reviewed and negotiated a donor agreement for a 245,000 sq. ft. nonprofit performing arts center.
- Represent businesses and individuals at all stages of litigation (pre-suit to trial to appeal), focusing on contract claims and business torts.
- Obtained pre-trial settlement for a client in a suit for breach of contract and breach of warranty against a flooring company over defective floor installation in client’s Norcross showroom.
- Obtained a pre-trial settlement for a plaintiff in a suit for negligent retention, false arrest, false imprisonment and malicious prosecution against national department store Kohl’s.
- Obtained a pre-trial settlement for a physician’s assistant in a contract suit against her former employer for 12 years’ worth of unpaid bonuses.
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- University of Georgia (cum laude, 2002)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$$