For over 30 years John Davis has provided sound and effective counsel to clients in the energy and natural resources industries. With deep experience in public lands, natural resource transactions, permitting, and litigation, John structures his clients’ transactions to anticipate and avoid potential litigation triggers.
Companies trust John to achieve favorable outcomes, and many have appointed him as lead counsel in a variety of oil and gas, mining and industrial mineral development, and regulatory matters. In addition to his work for traditional oil, gas, and mining clients, John has extensive experience in oil sands, oil shale, and geothermal development.
John’s extensive experience in complex natural resources, environmental, and public lands litigation complements his transactional practice. He represents clients in cases before the Federal and State Courts in Utah and the surrounding Western states, and in administrative hearings before the Utah Board of Oil, Gas, and Mining, the Interior Board of Land Appeals, and other Administrative Tribunals.
- University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, J.D., 1979
- University of Utah, B.S., 1975
Bar Admissions : Utah
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Member
- Utah Mining Association, Board of Directors
- Utah State Bar, Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law Section, Member and Past Chair
- American Bar Association, Environment, Energy and Resources Section, Member
Rate : $$$