A. Mackenna White draws on her diverse experience working domestically and throughout a number of foreign jurisdictions to inform her current litigation practice. She has a broad understanding of the complexities of domestic and international legal systems, which makes her a strong asset to clients navigating their way through a multitude of courts.
Mackenna additionally focuses her practice in the areas of employment and labor law. She assists clients in a variety of matters, including advising clients on their obligations under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state wage and hour law. Mackenna is a contributor to BakerHostetler’s Employment Law Spotlight blog.
- Assisted in the defense of a hospital in an action alleging unauthorized disclosure of protected health information.
- Mackenna has experience representing a guarantor in an action to enforce a guaranty brought by a U.S. government agency providing funding to businesses in the private sector.
- Mackenna assisted a not-for-profit university in determining the compliance of their unpaid internship program under the Fair Labor Standard Act.
- Mackenna drafted employee compensation policies for a national shipping logistics and worldwide transport company.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association: International Human Rights Committee
- Subcommittee on Human Rights in Iran
Community : Through work with inMotion, an organization that provides free legal services to low-income women, Mackenna handled an uncontested divorce matter.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 2008,
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2004,
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York, 2010
Rate : $$$$