A. Michael Lee has 20 years of experience handling complex commercial real estate transactions throughout the United States with emphasis on development, financing, and leasing. Mike counsels developers, owner-operators, and investors in all aspects of the development process and has assisted clients with a variety of multifamily, office, retail, hotel, industrial, and health care projects.
Mike represents both borrowers and lenders in connection with acquisition, construction, and permanent financing and has significant experience in loan restructurings, workouts, and other transactions involving nonperforming loans. He also devotes much of his practice to advising corporate clients with respect to their acquisition, disposition, leasing, and other real estate needs.
Mike’s representative transactions include: representing Mill Creek Residential, Terwilliger-Pappas Multi-Family Partners, and Trammell Crow Residential in the negotiation of joint ventures with equity investors, construction contracts, and construction loans for multifamily and mixed-use projects; assisting Eastman Chemical Company with the sale of a business unit requiring the segregation of its plant facility through a complex ground lease and reciprocal easement regime; and advising Wells Fargo Bank in connection with the extension of credit facilities to a provider of terminaling, storage, and related services to the energy industry, which included a $600 million revolving credit facility.
Mike is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and its Real Property Section and has served as a speaker for Georgia Bar programs on leasing, lending, and construction topics. He serves as the Pro Bono Partner for the Atlanta Office and chairs his office’s annual United Way corporate campaign.
- The University of Georgia (J.D. magna cum laude 1997; Notes Editor, Georgia Law Review);
- Emory University (B.A. in International Studies 1990, with a minor in Russian)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
- Flowers Foods to acquire Canyon Bakehouse for $205 million
- The Nature Conservancy purchases more than 11,000 acres of property in Camden County, Georgia
- Mill Creek to develop multifamily project in Framingham, Massachusetts
- Eastman Chemical leases portions of its Texas City, Texas plant to Gulf Coast Ammonia
- Investment banking and securities firm provides $255 million revolving credit facility and term loans supporting midstream oil and gas company in Colorado
- Mill Creek to develop mixed-use residential and retail project in Portland, Oregon
- R. Patrick Marston sells portfolio of seven medical office buildings in Florida to Healthcare Trust of America
- Mill Creek develops mixed-use residential and retail project in Portland, Oregon
- Wells Fargo amends and restates credit facilities for provider of terminaling, storage, and related services
- Capital One arranges $534.9 million term loan for acquisition of 34 medical office buildings
- Eastman sells its interest in former joint venture Primester to Solvay.
Rate : $$$