Shane Nichols is a partner in Alston & Bird’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group and primarily represents his clients in high-risk patent infringement and trade secret litigation. Licensed to practice in both Texas and Georgia, Mr. Nichols has represented clients in federal and state courts in the U.S., the U.S. International Trade Commission, as well as several international courts around the world.
Mr. Nichols is registered to practice as a patent attorney before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Nichols is consistently recognized by third-party rating services for his skill in the area of intellectual property litigation.
These include Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America©, Georgia Trend’s “Legal Elite,” and Georgia Super Lawyers.
Mr. Nichols earned his undergraduate degree in electrical engineering and mathematics from Vanderbilt University and his law degree from Emory University. He teaches an annual Trial Techniques course to law students at Emory University. He is a past chairman of the State Bar of Georgia’s Intellectual Property Section.
- Emory University (J.D., 1997)
- Vanderbilt University (B.S.E.E., 1990)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- The United States Supreme Court
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia (Executive Committee, Past Chair)
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Executive Board – North American Intellectual Property Law and Entertainment Law Conference
Rate : $$$