A. William Caporizzo is a leading lawyer and certified public accountant who helps both private and public companies navigate the complex tax issues they often face. For more than 30 years, Mr. Caporizzo has been regularly called upon to represent clients on the tax implications of domestic and cross-border corporate mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, as well as international restructurings.
He also focuses on all tax issues related to early-stage companies, including equity compensation issues, and structuring financing transactions and mergers and acquisitions for efficient tax results. In addition, he has extensive experience with the taxation of partnerships and limited liability companies engaged in investment and real estate activities.
Mr. Caporizzo has presented at seminars on taxation for the NASDAQ, National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Program. He is a member of the Tax Sections of the American and Massachusetts Bar Associations and the Boston Bar Association.
- Represented Credit Suisse Securities and BMO Capital Markets Corp. on tax matters related to its Entasis IPO.
- Advised WeWork Companies Inc. on various tax matters in connection with its acquisition of Teem Technologies.
- Represented Vail Reports in its acquisition of four mountain resorts in two separate transactions.
- Served as legal counsel in connection with the creation of Valence Media, a new diversified media company formed through the combination of three successful media companies.
- Represented Westmount Asset Management on the sale of Rosemont Investment Partners’ stake to Temperance Partners.
- JD, Boston University School of Law, 1985
- BS, University of Pennsylvania, 1982
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, Connecticut
Rate : $$$