A. Wolfgang McGavran is a litigator that helps solve his clients’ most complex disputes. In addition to tackling commercial claims of all stripes, Wolf focuses his practice on trade secret, environmental, and energy litigation.
Wolf serves clients in variety of industries including technology, energy, banking, and manufacturing. For example, Wolf has experience in seeking and defending against injunctive relief in cases involving alleged trade secret misappropriation and breach of confidentiality agreements.
Wolf has also represented energy companies in a variety of contexts in lawsuits in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, North Dakota, and Montana. Wolf’s environmental experience includes resolving toxic tort claims, contamination claims, and claims under CERCLA and various state statutes.
Wolf’s civic engagement includes a dedication to providing pro bono legal services, work with organizations such as the United Way and the Texas Civil Rights Project, and supporting causes he believes in. For instance, Wolf participates in the yearly 150-mile bike ride between Houston and Austin to benefit multiple sclerosis research, advocacy and support programs.
- Obtained dismissal from federal court of lawsuit involving oil company’s assets in Papua New Guinea.
- Obtained favorable settlement for company in relation to dispute over the sale of oil and gas interests valued at more than $10 million.
- Defended oil and gas services company in lawsuit alleging misappropriation of trade secrets pertaining to oilfield equipment.
- Represented oil and gas operator in lawsuit stemming from failed well casing against manufacturer, distributor, and inspection company.
- Represented multiple clients in lawsuits alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract against other companies and clients’ former executives and employees.
- Obtained favorable settlements with respect to contribution claims made against clients under CERCLA.
- Tulane University Law School, JD, with Honors, Order of the Coif, Senior Managing Editor, Tulane Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property, 2010
- The University of Texas at Austin, BA, History, with Honors, 2006
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United Way Young Leader
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
Rate : $$$$