Mr. Aaron Belzer is a senior associate in the firm’s Litigation Department and a member of the Commercial Litigation Practice Group. His practice focuses on counseling and defending public and private companies in general and complex commercial disputes in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Belzer handles individual and class-action lawsuits spanning a wide range of substantive legal areas, including cases involving claims for breach of contract, business torts, securities and healthcare fraud, false advertising, unfair competition and deceptive businesses practices, products liability, breach of fiduciary duties, and violations of various federal and state statutes and regulations.
Mr. Belzer has also represented clients across a wide range of industries. He has successfully represented and counseled technology companies in false advertising,
- unfair business practices litigation;
- national and international manufacturing and distribution companies in consumer class action litigation;
- financial holding companies against claims brought under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act (“RICO”);
- converged infrastructure providers in contractual and licensing disputes; government defense contractors in breach of contract and fraud litigation;
- brand development and licensing companies in trademark and licensing disputes; general contractors in multi-party construction disputes;
- global retailers in product liability and deceptive businesses practice litigation;
- insurance companies in general and complex coverage disputes; and welfare benefit plans and other payers in healthcare fraud and provider billing litigation under ERISA.
Mr. Belzer has extensive experience at the pretrial, trial and appellate levels. Most recently, Mr. Belzer obtained a defense judgment at trial in favor of an acquiring company accused of conspiring with the management of the target company to defraud minority investors. And, at the appellate level, he recently obtained a reversal of judgment against an insurance company in a case arising from an alleged failure to timely notice a claim.
Mr. Belzer also represents numerous clients on a pro bono basis. He has provided pro bono representation to asylum seekers, helped Iraqi refugees navigate the rules and processes for resettlement in a safe third country, and represented prospective adoptive parent in finalizing their foster child adoptions.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Belzer worked as a legal assistant for a large Wall Street law firm, providing multi-faceted assistance to corporate and litigation attorneys and Fortune 500 clients. He also worked as a Web developer and programmer for a small network architecture and design services firm in Lyon, France.
- J.D., University of California, Davis, King Hall School of Law (2005)
- Senior Articles Editor, Journal of International Law and Policy
- B.A., University of Oregon (1998)
Rate : $$$