Aaron Christopher West is a corporate associate and member of the firm’s Investment Management Group. His practice focuses on advising sponsors of private investment funds, including buyout, energy and infrastructure funds, as well as representing institutional investors in connection with their primary private equity investments, secondary purchases and/or sales of interests in private equity funds and portfolios of established companies. Mr. West’s recent experience includes acting for clients such as Brookfield Asset Management, Five Point Capital, HarbourVest Partners, Kelso & Company and KKR.
Mr. West joined Debevoise in 2014. Mr. West received his B.A., cum laude, from Rollins College, and his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was an associate editor for the Michigan Journal of Private Equity & Venture Capital Law.
- Alliant Insurance Services, the nation’s largest specialty insurance brokerage firm, in its acquisition of Mesirow Insurance Services.
- Envision Healthcare in its $15 billion merger with AMSURG, creating one of the largest U.S. providers of specialty physicians and hospital-related services.
- Brookfield Asset Management in various Brazil-focused fundraising activities, including the formation of Agriculture Fund II, a $500 million Brazil agriculture fund.
- HarbourVest Partners in the formation of HarbourVest Partners X, a $1.9 billion investment program.
- HarbourVest Partners in the formation of HarbourVest 2017 Global Fund, a $354 million global fund of funds.
- HarbourVest Partners in its acquisition from Bank of America of the BAML Capital Access Funds group, a private equity fund-of-funds manager focused on opportunities with emerging managers, diverse managers, the lower middle market and other underserved markets.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2014, J.D.
- Rollins College, 2009, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$