Aaron Gavant has been a member of the firm’s Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Insolvency group since 2009. Aaron’s practice is focused both on structured finance workout matters, where Aaron represents major financial institutions in their roles as trustee, administrative agent and in other related capacities, as well as traditional in-court and out-of-court restructuring matters, where Aaron represents institutional lenders, bank groups, hedge funds and other alternative lending institutions.
In recent years, Aaron’s practice has focused on the aftermath of the financial crisis, particularly as it has impacted the residential mortgage backed securities industry. In that role, Aaron has been retained on numerous, post-closing corporate trust matters involving trustees, bondholders, servicers, and other transaction parties in connection with direction and indemnity negotiations, representation and warranty breach claims, servicing transfers, foreclosure issues, repurchase litigation, and other related issues.
Aaron also has similar experience with respect to matters involving other asset classes, including student loan securitizations and other asset-backed transactions. At the same time, Aaron maintains an extensive traditional bankruptcy practice, representing a diverse range of clients with assorted interests at stake in both in-court and out-court restructuring matters.
This includes representing debtors pursuing wholesale restructurings, senior secured lenders facing multi-faceted challenges to their claims via litigation and otherwise, commercial real estate special servicers forced into foreclosure proceedings and related bankruptcy cases, and oil and gas operators confronting challenges to the continued operation, maintenance and decommissioning of their onshore and offshore assets.
- University of Maryland School of Law, JD, magna cum laude
- Yeshiva University, BA, Political Science, summa cum laude
Admissions : Illinois
- Represented national bank in its roles as trustee and collateral agent in connection with cross-border insolvency proceedings in South America and the United States.
- Represented multiple, large financial institutions in their roles as trustee on residential mortgage backed securities trusts including in connection with bondholder direction and indemnity negotiations, investor solicitation processes, representation and warranty putback claims, and multi-billion dollar global settlements.
- Represented administrative and collateral agent in connection with pre and post-petition revolving oil and gas facilities as part of Samson Resources Corporation bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented prepetition secured lender in connection with bankruptcy, district and appellate court litigation arising from the Sentinel Management Group Chapter 11 case.
Rate : $$$