Aaron Hendelman heads the trademarks, copyrights, and advertising practice in Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati’s Seattle office, focusing on the areas of trademark, advertising, unfair competition, copyright, Internet, retail, and consumer law. He counsels clients regarding domestic and global trademark and copyright issues; intellectual property licenses and transactions; advertising, marketing, and promotions strategies; and Internet and domain-name issues. Aaron regularly represents public and private companies in complex transactions involving intellectual property rights and advertising matters.
He also has represented clients in challenges before the Federal Trade Commission and consumer protection agencies such as the National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau.Aaron has been recognized as a leader in his field by World Trademark Review, which refers to him as a “quick-footed, practical, experienced, and speedy” attorney. In addition, the publication calls Aaron a “go-to lawyer for trademark, licensing, and advertising issues” on the West Coast and notes that he “provides the most intelligent, sensitive, and practical advice possible.”
Following law school, Aaron clerked for the Honorable David R. Thompson, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1998
- Master of Philosophy, Cambridge University, 1996
- B.A., Political Science, Stanford University, 1993
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Past Member, INTA Internet Committee
- Past Member, INTA Emerging Issues Committee
- Past Member, WSA (Washington Software Alliance) Investment Forum Board
- Past Member, Special Committee on Promotion and Marketing Law, American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Washington
Rate : $$$