Aaron Igdalsky is an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Locke Lord LLP, where he focuses his practice on regulatory and transactional matters on behalf of insurers, health care and financial institutions, and other regulated businesses.
Aaron has significant experience advising on legal and regulatory compliance requirements imposed by federal and state health care and insurance laws, regulations and agency directives.
Aaron’s regulatory experience also includes privacy and cybersecurity compliance, including Gramm-Leach-Bliley, HIPAA and state requirements. Aaron also has extensive experience writing and negotiating non-disclosure agreements with potential M&A targets and private equity investments.
Prior to joining the Firm, Aaron was counsel at Aetna Inc., where he oversaw legal due diligence as part of Aetna’s $400 million acquisition of a Chicago health care technology company. Aaron also provided legal counsel to Aetna regarding health insurance compliance requirements, including requirements emanating from and related to the Affordable Care Act.
Representative Experience :
- Advising an international, publicly traded insurer in connection with its proposed acquisition of another publicly traded insurer
- Provided regulatory advice to a publicly traded company in connection with its $1.6 billion acquisition of a supplier and manufacturer of structural and related building products
- Advised a title insurer about state licensing requirements in connection with a contemplated nationwide expansion
- Advised multiple banks about various insurance regulatory matters, including restrictions relating to the sale of insurance in retail banks
- Advised a publicly traded insurer about various state laws and regulations relating to long-term care insurance, and enforcement trends relating to same
- J.D., with honors, University of Connecticut School of Law, 2012
- B.A., Political Science, University of Connecticut, 2009
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$