Aaron J. Levy is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Hedge Funds and Derivatives group. His practice focuses on derivatives regulatory and transactional matters, as well as the formation and regulation of hedge funds and other private investment vehicles. He represents a wide variety of market participants, including financial institutions, insurance companies, investment funds and other end-users, as well as pension plans, foundations and other institutional investors in connection with their investments in private funds.
Mr. Levy has extensive experience with the Dodd-Frank Act, particularly Title VII and the Volcker Rule, and other laws and regulations relating to the securities and derivatives industry, as well as associated documentation, including ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Annexes, and various ISDA protocols.
He advises a variety of financial institutions, private funds and other clients on the implications of the Dodd-Frank Act, Basel standards and various rules, orders and no-action letters issued by the CFTC, the SEC and the federal banking regulators relating to central clearing, margin and capital requirements and the rights of creditors to close-out financial contracts and exercise netting and collateral rights upon a counterparty’s insolvency.
Mr. Levy joined Debevoise in 2010. He received a J.D. degree from Harvard Law School in 2010 and graduated cum laude from Dartmouth College in 2007 with a bachelor’s degree.
- Swaps Regulatory Advice
- First Reserve in CFTC regulatory advice.
- Mizuho Capital in regulatory swap matters.
- Fifth Third Bank in swap dealer compliance.
- Oaktree Capital Management in CFTC regulatory advice and fund documentation.
- Zurich Financial Services in U.S. swap rules.
- Other Representations
- P2 Capital, alongside Silver Lake, in the $3.5 billion acquisition of Blackhawk, a global financial technology company.
- HarbourVest Partners in its £806.6 million acquisition of the investment portfolio of SVG Capital, a publicly listed investment fund. The acquisition followed an initial £1,015 million takeover offer by HarbourVest Partners for SVG Capital. The deal has been recognized by various industry award schemes, including the PEI Awards and being named Private Equity Deal Of The Year at the IFLR European Awards.
- P2 Capital in various securities and derivatives regulatory matters, the formation and operation of private funds, and negotiation with investors, placement agents and other parties.
- P2 Capital, with Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, in its $1.6 billion sale of Interline Brands to Home Depot.
- Principia Ventures in the structuring and formation of a fund to be engaged in stock and futures algorithmic trading.
- American International Group in the preparation of a Resolution Plan under section 165 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Financial Services Roundtable in swap regulatory matters, including the preparation of a memorandum on the consequences of the insolvency of a central counterparty for cleared swaps.
- Mizuho Capital in establishing a Volcker Rule compliance program and advising on various related issues.
- Mackay Shields in fund formation, operation and documentation.
- Andrew Schorr in the formation of a hedge fund sponsored by traders at Daiwa Securities America.
- Samuel A. Hoffman in the structuring of its Lincoln Square II fund.
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a Golden Gate Capital portfolio company, in its acquisition of Universal American’s Traditional Insurance business.
- Harvard Law School, 2010, J.D.
- Dartmouth College, 2007, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$