Aaron R. Marienthal specializes in high-stakes financial services litigation, complex commercial disputes, and intellectual property matters. He has extensive experience defending top financial institutions in both individual and class action cases related to a wide-range of consumer lending issues, including home and auto finance, foreclosure, repossession, and credit reporting.
Aaron has also litigated dozens of trademark, copyright, and patent infringement cases, and regularly counsels clients in protecting and enforcing their trademarks before the USPTO and TTAB. He is skilled in all phases of federal and state court litigation including e-discovery, dispositive motion practice, and trial. Aaron also has considerable experience conducting internal investigations.
Aaron has been continually praised for his achievements in litigation, and was recently named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine for the fourth year in a row (2015-2018).
- Defended top financial institution in multi-district litigation asserting violations of RICO, BHCA, CLRA, fraud, and unfair competition.
- Represented Plaintiff industry leading software provider in claims for breach of contract and copyright infringement.
- Resolved dozens of trademark infringement disputes in the retail, fitness, and food & beverage industries.
- Defended and resolved hundreds of single-plaintiff matters for top financial institution, including claims related to mortgage lending, foreclosure, insurance, credit reporting, and unfair competition.
- Defended high-technology companies in patent litigation related to a wide-array of subject matter, including video streaming, payment processing, and mobile applications.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, JD, cum laude, Executive Articles Editor, Intellectual Property Law Bulletin, 2010
- University of California Santa Barbara, BA, Psychology, with High Honors, 2005
Admissions : California
Affiliations : Secretary, Standup Kids
Rate : $$$