Aaron Colby represents employers in single-plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, and class action disputes involving allegations of wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and wage and hour issues such as overtime, meal and rest breaks, and off-the-clock work. Aaron does so in state and federal courts and administrative agencies; and via arbitration, private mediation, judicial settlement conferences, and pre-litigation negotiations.
In his counseling practice, Aaron develops effective employment policies and practices that help management and staff manage risk and avoid litigation. He frequently advises on termination, leaves of absences, workplace investigations, handbooks, and timekeeping and pay practices.
Aaron defends and counsels organizations on public accommodations claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Unruh Act, and claims of defamation, trademark, and other business-related matters.
Aaron’s clients range from large organizations to midsize and small businesses across all industries, particularly in agriculture, produce, restaurant, banking, health care, manufacturing, and media.
Aaron’s clients include 24 Hour Fitness, Alaska Airlines, Andrews International, Bank of America, Blaze Pizza, Botanical Hospitality Group, Butkus Foundation, Café Gratitude, Carlo’s Bakery, Catch Hospitality Group, Choumas Produce, Coast Produce Company, Cocobella Creamery, Cogent Entertainment Marketing, The CORE Group, Del Rey Avocado Company, Fleetwood Aluminum, Fresh Brothers Pizza, Gilman Management, Gracias Madre, Healthcare Services Group, Hillsides Organization, HTI Polymers, Joe & The Juice, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Komono, LC Industries, Leisure Care, Lemonade Restaurant Group, Magma Global, Mariak Industries, Mendocino Farms, Monoprice, Norms Restaurants, Paradise Construction, Professional Produce, Real Food Daily, Rumble Fitness, Salt & Straw, Sechrist Industries, Staff Pro, T-Mobile, U.S. Security Associates, Walker Foods, Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group, and Worldwide Produce.
- Associate, Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold, LLP, Los Angeles, 2006-2010
- Legal Department Extern, Screen Actors Guild, Los Angeles, 2004
- Extern, Hon. Susan Bryant-Deason, Los Angeles Superior Court, 2004
- Legal Department Intern, Mattel, Inc., El Segundo, Calif., 2003
Professional & Community Activities:
- Settlement Officer, Los Angeles Superior Court CRASH Settlement Program, 2014-present
- Co-founder, Jeffery A. Colby Cancer Research Fund which promotes colon cancer research and awareness, 2003-present
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law, 2006, cum laude
- Associate Editor, Southwestern University Law Review, 2004-2006
- Associate Editor, Entertainment Law Reporter, 2005-2006
- Co-president, Entertainment & Sports Law Society, 2004-2005
- B.G.S., Communications, Sociology and Psychology, University of Michigan, 2003, with high honors
Rate : $$$$