Aaron Rice is a partner in the Firm’s Chicago office and provides advice on corporate and securities matters. He is a President’s Circle member of The Chicago Council on Global Affairs, a board member of Metropolitan Family Services’ Legal Aid Society and a member of the American Bar Association.
Mr. Rice’s practice is focused on advising NYSE and NASDAQ-listed companies — including public REITs and foreign private issuers — on mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, as well as public and private offerings of equity and debt securities.
Mr. Rice also regularly advises US public companies on corporate governance matters, disclosure issues, securities and stock exchange requirements, shareholder engagement and fiduciary duties.
He also advises companies with respect to drafting corporate governance documents, advising on listing rules and securities law disclosure requirements, and shareholder activism and engagement.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2003)
- Emory University (B.A.) (1999)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2003)
- Illinois~United States (2003)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The Chicago Council on Global Affairs, President’s Circle
- J Street, National Leadership Circle and Executive Committee Member of J Street Chicago
- American Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented Keurig Green Mountain, Inc., the developer of the Keurig brand coffeemaker system, in connection with a minority public equity investment by The Coca-Cola Company valued at USD1.25 billion and a related strategic business collaboration.
- Represented Physicians Realty Trust, an NYSE-listed REIT, in connection with several follow-on public offerings of common shares, which generated over USD1 billion in net proceeds for the company.
- Represented Molex Incorporated, a global electronics components company, in connection with its acquisition of FCT Electronics Group, based in Munich, Germany with operations in the US, Germany, Czech Republic and Thailand.
- Represented Merrill Corporation in connection with the divestiture of its Legal Solutions Business.
Rate : $$$