Aaron Reed represents employers of all sizes in matters involving a wide range of state and federal laws, such as : Employment discrimination, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Wrongful discharge and retaliation, The Fair Labor Standards Act.
He represents clients in forums that include :
- State and federal courts in Florida
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- The Florida Commission on Human Relations
- The Department of Labor
Helping employers take proactive steps to minimize or avoid litigation whenever possible, Aaron also regularly provides counseling on matters intended to minimize and avoid the risk of litigation. To that end, he assists with :
- Drafting personnel policies, procedures and employment contracts
- Employee discipline
- Wage and hour issues
- The use of employee separation agreements and mandatory arbitration agreements
Aaron joined Littler in February 2004, and since that time, he has spoken frequently on topics including workplace discrimination and harassment, wage and hour laws, and best practices for the hiring and discharge of employees.
Before joining Littler, Aaron worked in the Miami office of a national law firm from 2001 until 2004. Prior to that, he worked in the labor and employment law section of a firm in Washington, D.C. Aaron spent his last year of law school as a visiting student at the Georgetown University Law Center.
- J.D., University of Florida School of Law, 1996
- B.A., Tufts University, 1993
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Section – Florida Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Section – American Bar Association.
Rate : $$$$