Aaron Weiss maintains a national litigation practice focused on telecommunications law, class actions and consumer claims. His cases often involve all of these areas of law. He also frequently counsels insurance companies on complex coverage issues relating to class actions and other aggregated litigation.
Aaron has particularly extensive experience in litigating matters under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). He has litigated dozens of TCPA cases on both a single plaintiff and class basis. His experience includes cases relating to conduct that occurred as early as 2005, and he has been involved in many precedent-setting Florida TCPA decisions.
By appointment of Chief Judge K. Michael Moore, Aaron serves on the Southern District of Florida Ad Hoc Committee on Rules and Procedures. He has drafted amendments to several of the rules. He regularly publishes articles and lectures on issues related to procedural rules in federal court practice.
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 2003)
- Binghamton University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2000)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Commercial & Business Litigation Committee Class Action Subcommittee (2011-2013)
- Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce
- Graduate, Leadership Miami (2010-2011)
- Dade County Bar Association
- Frequent presenter and conference panelist/moderator
Rate : $$$