Aaron J. Sobaski represents owners, developers, investors, and corporate users in connection with the acquisition, sale, leasing, ground leasing, financing, construction and development of commercial real estate projects. Mr. Sobaski has a broad real estate transactional practice representing both public and private entities, with particular emphasis on the purchase, sale, leasing and development of industrial/distribution facilities, complex public private partnerships, and ground lease based transactions.
Such representations include student housing and affordable housing projects, mobile home parks, and other commercial and residential developments, as well as military base reuse and redevelopment, and large logistics and distribution facilities (both on and off airport). For mixed-use developer clients Mr. Sobaski has drafted CC&Rs, Reciprocal Easement Agreements, and other forms of “shared use” agreements.
He has also assisted such clients with establishing owners associations and preparing subdivision filings with the California Bureau of Real Estate. Mr. Sobaski regularly represents foreign investors and investment funds in connection with their acquisition, disposition, leasing and management of real estate assets in California.
A significant part of Mr. Sobaski’s practice involves representing large national and international corporations regarding their various real estate needs, including the development and construction of new distribution, production, R&D, and office facilities, commercial leasing and subleasing, and the restructuring and disposition of excess real estate assets.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2003
- B.A., Northwestern University, 1998
- Represented the Regents of the University of California in connection with the development and financing of the UCSF Neurosciences Building on UCSF’s Mission Bay Campus
- Represented The Presidio of San Francisco regarding various base reuse and redevelopment projects including a variety of lease and ground lease transactions
- Represent the City of Napa in connection with its new Civic Center project being developed via a Public Private Partnership with an international developer
- Regularly represents MOB developers in connection with the acquisition, development, construction, financing (both debt and equity), and eventual disposition of projects throughout Southern California.
- Represented the Marin Community Clinic with respect to the purchase of a long term ground lease and the receipt of a donative gift of the fee interest in a medical office facility in Marin County, CA
- Represented LA BioMed in connection with a complex multi-lender construction loan (including EB5 debt) for the expansion of its ground leased campus at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Represented Geolo Capital in its purchase of The Crown Apartments in Miami Beach, FL, and the redevelopment of the property into the Roosevelt Miami Beach Hotel
- Regularly represent DHL and its affiliates in connection with their corporate leasing transactions throughout the U.S., including retail facilities, office locations, and distribution facilities of all sizes, including a number of on-airport properties
- Regularly represent various corporations, including private equity shareholders, in connection with the sale, disposition, and lease-back of their real estate assets in connection with M&A transactions, corporate restructuring, and real estate secured financing/re-financing
- California Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute
- Sports Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$