Aaron A. Wagner is a senior counsel in the Atlanta office of Locke Lord LLP where he concentrates his practice in consumer finance law and business litigation. He has extensive trial experience in both civil and criminal cases. He has prosecuted the full range of criminal cases up to and including capital cases.
He has defended large international manufacturers against consumer complaints, and managed all aspects of trial preparation and case management including preparing witnesses, taking depositions, drafting and arguing pre-trial and trial motions, developing trial strategy, and executing all aspects of trial presentation and argument.
Prior to entering private practice, Aaron served honorably in the U.S. Army as a pilot and a lawyer for 20 years, earning numerous commendations and awards. Aaron graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point, with honors, with a B.S. in Civil Engineering.
Upon graduation from West Point, he served four years as an aviation officer and pilot, flying both rotary and fixed wing reconnaissance airplanes before being selected to attend law school thru the military’s highly competitive funded legal program.
After graduating first in his class from Texas Tech School of Law, Aaron returned to the Army and gained invaluable experience as a litigator and attorney advisor for some of the Army’s most senior officials.
In Afghanistan, he advised the Senior US Commander of all NATO Training Operations in theater on administrative law and international legal matters pertaining to US and Allied operations. He earned a Bronze Star for his service in Afghanistan.
Professional History :
- Senior Associate, King & Spalding, LLP (Atlanta)
- Staff Judge Advocate/General Counsel, U.S. Army RDECOM (Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland)
- Legal Advisor, Commander USAF/NTM-A (Kabul, Afghanistan)
- Prosecutor / Attorney Advisor, US Army — Various Commands
- LL.M., The Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center, 2007
- J.D., summa cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law, 2002
- Editor in Chief, Texas Tech Law Review
- Managing Editor, Texas Bank Lawyer
- B.S., Civil Engineering, United States Military Academy at West Point, 1994
Admissions : Georgia; Florida; Maryland; Texas; Washington; Oregon
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Army Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Georgia Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$