Aaron J. Wallisch is a regulatory attorney who assists clients with meeting U.S. federal, state, and local regulatory compliance requirements. Aaron regularly engages in matters involving solid and hazardous waste, hazardous materials transportation, pesticide use and registration, homeland security, oil spill prevention, stormwater control, storage tanks, and air pollution emission control.
He regularly represents trade groups and individual companies in advocacy at the legislative or federal agency level in the development of new laws and regulations. He also represents companies responding to federal criminal investigations, and conducts internal company audits pertaining to environmental and transportation regulatory compliance.
Aaron has advised a national trade group of electric and gas utilities, a leading international shipping company, a major petroleum refinery, a large electric utility, an international consumer retail company, and a building products manufacturer.
- Represents the Utility Solid Waste Activities Group (USWAG), a trade group of more than 110 electric and gas utilities and associations that, together, represent more than 73 percent of the total electricity generating capacity in the United States, and service more than 95 percent of the nation’s consumers of electricity
- Regularly engages with the Environmental Protection Agency, congressional committees, and other trade groups to provide regulatory and legislative advocacy and compliance assistance for USWAG and its individual company members
- Persuaded the EPA to provide tailored rules for electric utility facilities in the recent amendments to the Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) rules, and advocated for the re-registration of key wood treatment chemicals under FIFRA
- Conducted a detailed internal audit of a large electric utility related to RCRA and HMTA compliance that resulted in changes to corporate operational practices
- J.D. Harvard Law School 2002
- B.A. magna cum laude Bucknell University 1999
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
Rate : $$$$