Abby J. Sher practices in the Global Insurance Department, focusing in the area of complex liability coverage, with an emphasis on professional liability, medical professional liability coverage and bad faith litigation.
Abby also counsels clients in the first-party context, providing analyses of claims handling obligations in the wake of catastrophic losses, including Superstorm Sandy, Hurricane Isaac, and Hurricane Irene.
Abby has authored articles and alerts on SIRs and large deductibles, bad faith litigation, and D&O coverage. She also speaks on these topics and related coverage issues at industry events and in-house client seminars.
Abby earned her law degree, cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania Law School where she was the senior editor for the Journal of Constitutional Law. While in law school, she served as a summer intern for the Honorable Susan Peikes Gantman of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania and as an intern for the Montgomery Child Advocacy Project.
Upon graduating, Abby received the Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award for her work with the Anti-Defamation League and the Innocence Project. She earned her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Brandeis University. Prior to joining the firm, Abby participated in the Cozen O’Connor Summer Associate Program.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- Brandeis University, B.A., cum laude, 2007
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Louis D. Brandeis Law Society
Rate : $$$$