Abena Mainoo is partner of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Abena joined the firm in 2009 and became a partner in 2018. Abena Mainoo’s practice focuses on regulatory enforcement matters and complex civil litigation.
Abena has represented companies in cross-border investigations and civil litigation involving allegations of fraud, foreign corrupt payments and securities law violations. Abena also conducts corporate internal investigations and advises on corporate compliance programs.
- Bosch in investigations in the U.S. relating to the Volkswagen emissions matter.
- Petrobras, PGF, and current and former officers and directors in a securities class action and dozens of individual actions in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York following on the Operation Carwash corruption investigation.
- Citigroup in resolving FX investigations by the DOJ and U.S. Federal Reserve in May 2015 and in investigations concerning benchmark rates.
- BNP Paribas and HSBC in winning dismissal of civil RICO and related state law claims in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and on appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit following on investigations into sanctions violations.
- Large financial institution in internal investigation and government investigations by the DOJ, SEC, and IRS.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc. and certain of its current and former officers and directors in obtaining the dismissal of a putative securities class action in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Director, Federal Bar Foundation, Federal Bar Council
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2009
- Swarthmore College, B.A., 2006
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
Rate : $$$$