Abhay A. Watwe, Ph.D.’s practice includes patent prosecution, litigation, and reexaminations related to mechanical and electrical technologies. He also provides patent infringement and validity opinions.
Prior to joining Finnegan, Abhay worked at Intel Corporation for ten years. He has extensive experience in the design and validation of microprocessor packages, sockets, CPU and chipset cooling solutions, and printed circuit boards. Abhay is co-inventor on six U.S. patents related to cooling technologies for electronic packages.
He has also coauthored more than twenty publications, including three handbooks. Abhay’s doctoral research focused on immersion cooling of electronic equipment. His research included a model to predict the cooling limit during pool boiling of refrigerants on a silicon chip.
He was involved in the design and validation of the first high-volume land-grid-array microprocessor socket and package for desktop computers; design and manufacture of high-density interconnect motherboards for Ultra Mobile PC products; and design and validation of cooling solutions for Itanium(R) microprocessors.
- Lewis & Clark Law School J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
- University of Minnesota Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, 1996
- University of Houston M.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1991
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India B. Tech., Mechanical Engineering, 1987
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$