Abhi works with experienced and start-up businesses in the restaurant, hotel and lodging, automobile manufacturing, alcohol, retail, fitness and other industries. Abhi helps clients with creating programs, negotiating franchise and distribution agreements, mergers and acquisitions, refranchise transactions, US and international franchise disclosure, and other franchise and distribution matters.
He also helps PE firms with the acquisition and sale of franchise systems and serves as a secondee to the world’s largest restaurant brand, assisting with international M&A and franchise transactions.
Abhi works extensively on inbound and outbound expansion efforts. In addition to US transactions, he advises on transactions in Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Europe, CIS, GCC, MENA and Australia/Oceania.
Abhi serves on the Executive Committee of DLA Piper’s Associates Committee. He devotes significant time to pro bono work and, in 2016, received DLA Piper’s North American Pro Bono Award.
Abhi is actively involved in pro bono and has been a DLA Piper Pro Bono Award Nominee each year since joining the firm. Some of his recent pro bono work includes:
- Assisting with the preparation of model microfinance regulations to further best business practices and principles related to the ethical treatment of clients
- Providing outside general counsel advice to a national nonprofit entity that furthers South Asian representation in the professional community
- Researching international legal aid delivery systems across the world in order to assist the Bangladesh National Legal Aid Services Organization
- Reviewing various contractual arrangements for a global nonprofit that increases opportunities for women-owned businesses
- Working with the Asian Pacific American Legal Resource Center in the preparation of nonimmigrant status visas for victims of human trafficking
Rate : $$$