Abid Qureshi is a dedicated financial restructuring litigator, giving him comprehensive experience in virtually every issue that arises in the course of a complex restructuring. Abid has litigated the most complex, cutting-edge issues in the highest-profile Chapter 11 cases, and he also has extensive experience in cross-border insolvencies and Chapter 15 proceedings.
Abid’s recent litigations include:
- Contested plan confirmation proceedings
- Valuation disputes
- Cram-down disputes
- Make-whole and no-call claims
- Fraudulent transfer and preference
- Breaches of fiduciary duty
- Fraudulent transfer claims
- Asset sales
- Valuation proceedings.
Abid is a frequent speaker at major financial restructuring and distressed investments industry events.
- Leads litigation teams in hotly contested proceedings, including First Energy Solutions Corp.; Momentive Performance Materials, Inc.; Avaya Inc.; and Seadrill Limited.
- Represents debtors, creditors, bondholders, hedge funds, institutional investors, and ad hoc and official creditors’ committees.
- Advises on the full range of complex financial restructuring litigation in bankruptcy and appellate courts.
- Successfully negotiated a favorable settlement for a diffuse group of first lien lenders in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Avaya, Inc.
- On behalf of a group of creditors of Norske Skog, a Norwegian issuer, successfully enjoined an exchange offer in New York state court. This is the first known time in which a European exchange offer was successfully challenged and enjoined in U.S. court.
- Representing Momentive Performance Materials in precedent-setting bankruptcy court and appellate litigation involving make-whole and cram-down interest rate issues.
- Advising debtor FirstEnergy Solutions in successfully securing bankruptcy court approval for a multibillion-dollar settlement of intercompany claims.
- LL.M., London School of Economics and Political Science, with merit, 1996
- J.D., University of Toronto, 1994
- B.A., University of British Columbia, with highest honors, 1991
- New York
- Solicitor, England and Wales
Rate : $$$