Ackneil M. Muldrow III is the partner in charge of the New York office. Trey Muldrow draws on more than two decades of legal experience when sharing legal advice with clients in facilitating complex domestic and international commercial transactions. Trey’s transactional experience includes mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and control investments across a variety of industries.
Trey’s client relationships include a broad range of corporations and financial sponsors, including private equity and hedge funds, sovereign and fundless sponsors, as well as business development companies.Trey is a recognized advisor in the rapidly developing fund restructuring sector of the private equity industry as the result of his experience in structuring and consummating several high-profile transactions.
- An industry leader in investment fund restructuring and recapitalization transactions.
- Concentration on sophisticated merger and acquisition transactions for corporations and asset managers.
- Partner in charge of the New York office.
- Corporate Transactions:
- Served as counsel to Solar Capital Ltd. in its acquisition of NEF Holdings LLC, a leading equipment finance company that provides senior secured financings to U.S.-based companies.
- Counseled Siemens Corporation in the acquisition of Russelectric, a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control systems, including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer switches.
- Advised Cognizant Domestic Holdings Corporation in its acquisition of Boulder Healthcare Solutions, LLC, provider of revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions to hospitals, physician practices and other specialist health care organizations in the United States.
- Assisted Siemens Government Technologies in the divestiture of the Dresser-Rand Government Business, which is a leading supplier of mission-critical, high-speed rotating equipment solutions to the U.S. Navy, to Curtiss-Wright Corporation.
- Provided legal advice to Solar Senior Capital Ltd. in its acquisition of North Mill Capital LLC, a leading asset-based lending commercial finance company that provides senior secured asset-backed financings to U.S.-based companies.
- Private Equity Transactions:
- Advised Mubadala Development Company in its follow-on investment in The Carlyle Group, L.P. and the subsequent initial public offering of The Carlyle Group L.P.; in its investments in The Related Companies and The Raine Group LLC; and in a carveout transaction and investment in the Viceroy Hotel Group, a leading boutique hotel group.
- Provided legal advice to ICG and Goldman Sachs Asset Management in the investment and spinout of Aretex Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of Alerian, and minority positions in Building Energy and SSC Holdings.
- Assisted Durational Capital Management and The Jordan Company in their acquisition of Bojangles’, Inc., a leading restaurant and franchisor.
- Advised Cyrus Capital in debt and equity investments in Virgin America and the subsequent initial public offering of Virgin America.
- Counseled Farol Capital and other investors in the sale of Delphon Industries LLC, a leading provider of innovative, materials-based solutions and services for the handling, processing, packaging and marketing of high-value technology and medical components.
- Assisted ICG Strategic Equity in its acquisition of the certain assets of Third Avenue Credit Fund.
- Fund Restructuring/Asset Manager Transactions:
- Represented Solar Capital in its acquisition of Gemino HealthCare Finance LLC from management and a private equity consortium.
- Assisted Vision Capital Advisors in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Airdrie Partners I, L.P., a hedge fund sponsored by Fort Washington Capital Partners, L.P.
- Advised an affiliate of Solar Capital in its acquisition of North Mill Capital LLC from management and a private equity sponsor.
- Advised the New York Yankees in their joint venture with ManCity to launch New York City.
- Represented Halcyon Capital Management, LLC in the sale of minority stakes to TPG Sixth Street Partners, the global credit and credit-related investment platform, and Dyal Capital Partners, a division of Neuberger Berman Group.
- FCICG Strategic Equity in its acquisition, and recapitalization of Diamond Castle Partners, EdgeStone Capital Partners, Monitor Clipper Partners Fund II, VSS Communication Partners IV and Quadriga Private Equity Fund.
- Counseled Solar Capital in its acquisition of National Equipment Finance from management and a hedge fund sponsor.
- Served as counsel to Pharmakon Advisors, an affiliate of Royalty Pharma, in its fund restructuring and initial public offering of BioPharma Credit PLC.
- TMT/Consumer Transactions:
- Acted on behalf of a private equity sponsor in its platform to acquire Pizza Hut.
- Represented a management team in the creation of a digital content joint venture with AT&T Services.
- Represented Octavian Advisors, Octavian Global Partners and their affiliates in the sale of control to TPG Special Situations Partners.
- Advised a private equity consortium in its acquisition of Devil’s Peak brewery, located in South Africa.
- Represented Durational Capital in its announced leveraged buyout of Bojangles’ Inc., together with The Jordan Company.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1995
- A.B., Princeton University, 1992
- New York
Rate : $$$$