Adam Berger practices in the area of gaming law, with experience in litigation and corporate law. Mr. Berger has extensive experience representing casinos, casino holding companies, gaming equipment manufacturers as well as financial institutions including banks, private equity funds and hedge funds in connection with mergers and acquisitions, debt transactions, licensing, compliance matters and regulatory investigations.
Additionally, Mr. Berger has represented clients in competitive licensing contests before various gaming agencies. Mr. Berger regularly advises clients on emerging developments and legislation affecting the brick and mortar and Internet gaming industries.
Outside of the traditional casino space, Mr. Berger has represented numerous companies involved in the fantasy-sports and skill-based gaming industries. More recently, Mr. Berger has advised traditional gaming companies, online gaming operators and financial institutions on matters related to the rapidly expanding sports wagering industry in the United States.
As the current Chair of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Gaming Law Committee and a former Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Casino Law Section, Mr. Berger is a frequent speaker on gaming industry expansion, online gaming and sports betting across the country.
- Represented Boyd Gaming Corporation in its acquisition of Valley Forge Casino Resort, successfully obtaining regulatory approval to close the acquisition.
- Represented Boyd Gaming Corporation in connection with receiving preliminary approval from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board of its acquisition of the Valley Forge Casino Resort.
- Represented GameCo LLC, the creator of the world’s first skill-based video game gambling machines (VGM™), in securing a $45 million debt facility.
- Represented GameCo, Inc., the creator of the world’s first skill-based video game gambling machines (VGM™), in acquiring approvals from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement to debut its product at Atlantic City casinos.
- Represented Tioga Downs Racetrack, LLC and its parent, American Racing and Entertainment, LLC, in securing the final available casino license in New York awarded by the New York State Gaming Commission.
- Represented NYX Gaming Group in its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange, including handling all gaming regulatory due diligence and authoring both a gaming regulatory opinion letter and a corporate opinion letter.
- Advised TheScore, Inc. on the acquisition of ApptheGame, Inc., which operates the daily fantasy sports service Swoopt. Advised the client on gaming-related matters at the federal level and in every state jurisdiction in the United States.
- Represented as regulatory counsel Bally Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of gaming technology company SHFL entertainment, Inc. in a deal valued at approximately $1.3 billion.
- Assisted a foreign gaming equipment manufacturer obtain regulatory approvals from all United States and Canadian jurisdictions where licensed for multiple internal reorganizations and transfers of interests.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- The George Washington University, B.B.A., magna cum laude, 2007
- New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Gaming Law Committee, – Chair, 2017 to present
- International Association of Gaming Advisors, – Member
- Cherry Hill Business Council
- New Jersey State Bar Association, – Chairman, Casino Law Section, 2016-2017
Rate : $$$$