Adam Farnsworth helps clients with estate planning and estate administration matters; simple and complex individual and business transactions; tax compliance; and Federal tax issues and disputes. As a member of the Williams Mullen Tax Section and the Private Client and Fiduciary Services Group.
Adam frequently assists clients with designing, drafting, and implementing estate and business succession plans for individuals, small- and middle-market business owners and high net worth individuals and families. He regularly drafts wills; trusts of all varieties, including revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, insurance trusts, and grantor retained annuity trusts; and powers of attorney.
Adam supports clients in a wide variety of individual and business transactions, including assisting clients with forming entities such as limited liability companies and limited partnerships, and drafting and structuring gifts and sales of closely held business interests and other assets.
In connection with these transactions, Adam routinely handles many complex issues related to Federal income, estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxation as well as tax compliance matters arising under the Internal Revenue Code.
Adam is licensed to practice in Virginia, New York and before the U.S. Tax Court. He holds an LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law and a Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law, where he was editor-in-chief of the International Law Review.
Graduating with a B.A. in International Affairs from Wagner College, Adam played quarterback for the Seahawks’ NCAA Division I FCS football team. Prior to that, he began his undergraduate studies at the University of Iowa, where he was a student-athlete on the Hawkeyes’ NCAA Division I FBS and Big Ten Conference football team.
- Trust Administrator’s Council of Richmond
- American Bar Association – Real Property, Trust and Estate Section; Tax Section
- New York State Bar Association – Tax Section; Trusts and Estates Law Section
- New York University School of Law (LL.M in Taxation)
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D.)
- cum laude; International Law Review – Editor-in-Chief
- Wagner College (B.A. in International Affairs)
- cum laude; Student Athlete – NCAA Division I FCS Football Team
Rate : $$$$