An accomplished fund attorney, Adam D. Gale is co-leader of the firm’s Investment Funds team. He has spent more than 25 years advising middle-market investment funds and managers on structuring and fund formation, as well as providing insight on regulatory and compliance issues. He counsels international and domestic private equity funds, real estate funds, venture capital funds, hedge funds and funds of funds.
Adam also advises institutional investors and family offices on their investments into funds. His significant background extends to cryptocurrency funds, ICOs and security token offerings, and he advises broker-dealers on the full range of FINRA and market regulation issues.
A former senior counsel at The Bank of New York, Adam also counsels bank clients on bank regulatory issues. In addition, he has experience in securitizations and structured products.
- Represented a U.S. sponsor in the structuring and formation of a $300 million private equity fund focusing on healthcare.
- Representing a real estate manager in the structuring and formation a $150 million Qualified Opportunity Zone fund.
- Represented a U.S. real estate manager in the structuring and formation of a $200 million real estate fund for primarily non-U.S. investors through a leveraged feeder structure.
- Represented a start-up venture capital sponsor in the structuring and formation of a venture capital fund focusing on artificial intelligence companies.
- New York Bar Association
- Private Investment Funds Committee (2013 to 2016)
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 1991; Columbia Law Review, Notes Editor
- B.A., Cornell University, 1987, cum laude
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$$