Adam Hilkemann has significant experience with private equity funds, hedge funds and hybrid funds pursuing a variety of investment strategies, including real estate, venture capital, emerging markets, buyout, distressed debt, energy, macro and funds of funds. Mr. Hilkemann regularly advises management companies in connection with fundraising, registration, investment activities (including negotiating side letters, direct equity and other forms of convertible investments), marketing, ongoing compliance and operational issues. Additionally, he advises management companies on internal structuring issues such as profit-sharing arrangements and seeding transactions.
Mr. Hilkemann also regularly advises private equity funds, companies, sponsors and institutional investors in connection with transactional activities, including equity investments, mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and other strategic transactions. He also represents equity providers in connection with real estate joint ventures, purchasers and sellers in corporate and real estate acquisitions/dispositions, and he has advised borrowers in commercial finance transactions, including secured and unsecured corporate and real estate and preferred equity financings.
Mr. Hilkemann’s recent engagements include:
- all aspects of the structuring, formation and closing of hedge, private equity and hybrid investment funds
- an energy fund manager in the formation of an energy fund focused on investments in oil and gas working interests
- a private equity manager in the establishment of a leveraged buyout fund
- a new fund manager in the establishment of a hybrid investment fund engaged in lending to lawyers
- two venture capital fund managers in connection with the acquisition of portfolio investments
- negotiation of managed account arrangements and “single-investor” funds, as well as hybrid, pooled, family office vehicles
- structuring and negotiation of economic and governance arrangements among fund manager principals
- a family office with regard to novel SEC exemptive relief from all provisions of the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- real estate fund managers in connection with the structuring and preferred equity offerings of private REITs
- an energy fund manager in the formation of an energy fund focused on investments in leased and unleased mineral interests
Affiliations :Mr. Hilkemann’s community, civic and charitable activities include serving as a volunteer attorney for Human Rights Initiative of North Texas.
- J.D., Washington University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2010
- B.A., Harvard University, with honors, 2007
Rate : $$$$