Adam O’Brian’s practice focuses on capital markets transactions with an emphasis on public utilities and energy companies.
Adam is a member of the firm’s energy and infrastructure team. He has experience representing issuers and underwriters on a range of securities transactions including debt and equity financings.
Adam counsels clients on SEC registered public offerings, Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings and private placements.
In addition to his traditional capital markets experience, Adam has represented the underwriters in several dedicated utility rate securitization transactions.
- Company counsel to Duke Energy Florida, LLC, as sponsor, for the offering of nuclear asset-recovery bonds issued in connection with early retirement of the Crystal River 3 nuclear plant
- Underwriters’ counsel for Consumers Energy Company for the issuance of securitization bonds
- Underwriters’ counsel for the issuance of system restoration bonds by the Louisiana Local Government Environmental Facilities and Community Development Authority (Louisiana Utilities Restoration Corporation)
- Underwriters’ counsel for issuances of rate reduction bonds by subsidiaries of American Electric Power Company, CenterPoint Energy Inc. and Entergy Corp.
- Initial Purchasers’ counsel for AEP Transmission Company, LLC’s inaugural issuance of debt securities
- Initial Purchasers’ counsel for Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC in multiple issuances of debt securities
- Initial Purchasers’ counsel for Colonial Pipeline Company’s issuance of debt securities
Underwriters’ counsel for WEC Energy Group, Inc. in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Integrys Energy Group Inc.
- Underwriters’ counsel for National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation in multiple issuances of collateral trust bonds and subordinated debt securities
- Underwriters’ counsel for CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric LLC, Public Service Company of Colorado, Southwestern Public Service Company in multiple first mortgage bonds issuances
- Underwriters’ counsel for Xcel Energy Inc., American Electric Power Company and its subsidiaries and WEC Energy Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, in multiple debt securities issuances
- Lender’s counsel for ÖBB-Infrastruktur Aktiengesellschaft issuance of unsecured debt
- Counsel for the project company of the I-595 managed lanes project in Florida in the refinancing of its original debt
- Company and purchasers’ counsel for utilities for multiple private placements of debt securities
- Dealer manager’s counsel in connection with multiple debt-for-debt exchange offers, including the first-ever corporate Dutch auction debt-for-debt exchange
- Lenders’ counsel for several revolving credit agreements of a borrower
- Underwriters’ counsel for Chesapeake Utilities Corp. in a common stock offering
- Underwriters’ counsel for Trade Street Residential, Inc. for its initial public offering of common stock
- Company and underwriters’ counsel for several REITs issuances of common stock and preferred stock
- JD, State University of New York School of Law at Buffalo, magna cum laude, 2008
- BA, Political Science, McGill University, 2004
- New York
Rate : $$$$