Adam Sanderson is a highly experienced trial and appellate lawyer whose litigation practice focuses on admiralty/maritime, transportation/trucking, insurance, and general commercial litigation. Adam routinely advises clients in employment and workers’ compensation matters, and represents employers defending claims arising under state and federal law.
He has extensive experience in matters involving cargo claims, insurance, vessel collisions, allisions, personal injury, commercial transactions, contractual drafting and interpretation, including indemnification and dispute resolution.
Adam is passionate about the process of defending a claim—the investigation, discovery, preparation and presentation of a case to completion—which is key in ensuring favorable outcomes for his clients.
As supported by peer recognition, he has developed a reputation for his skill in transportation, admiralty and maritime litigation, including acknowledgments in Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars and New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers.
He has represented a variety of clients locally and nationwide, including blue water and brown water, oil and gas, insurance, trucking, and transportation companies.
Adam served as law clerk for the Honorable Kay Bates, Judge for the 19th Judicial District Court of Louisiana. “Clerking for a judge was an incredible experience. I was exposed to many different and interesting areas of law. I managed one of the state’s busiest civil dockets and participated in numerous bench and jury trials which is an advantage for my clients.”
Adam has been active in the community, volunteering on ethics and professionalism panels at local law schools. He also devotes his time to charity golf events in his hometown of Baton Rouge. He loves playing golf, watching the Louisiana State University’s Fighting Tigers, and spending time with his wife, two boys, and dog (Kathryn, Ford, Beck, and Arthur).
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, Certificate in International Law (J.D. 2007)
- Louisiana State University (B.A. 2004)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Offshore Marine Service Association, Member
CIVIC AND COMMUNITY:
- Former Volunteer, Ethics and Professionalism Panels at Loyola University New Orleans Law School and Tulane University Law School
- Comment and Casenote Editor, Loyola Maritime Law Journal
- Articles and Comment Editor, Loyola Law and Technology Annual
Rate : $$$