Adam J. Peters is an experienced labor and employment litigator who has also been certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources® (SPHR®). Adam has over a decade of experience representing employers in both traditional labor matters and all aspects of management-side employment law.
He advises clients on labor-management relations, including collective bargaining, union campaigns, unfair labor practice charges, labor arbitrations and strike planning.
Adam’s practice also includes Title VII, FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, FLSA, WARN, ERISA qualified plan reporting and disclosures and related state statutes.
- Advice and strategy on all manner of employment law compliance including disciplinary actions, leaves of absence, wage and hour compliance, and policy development.
- First-chair handling of employment litigation and agency charges.
- Federal appellate experience up to and including a traditional labor law heard by the US Supreme Court on its merits.
- Lead defense for management on numerous NLRB unfair labor practice charges and hearings.
- First-chair coordination of several successful union avoidance campaigns.
- Advice to management in preparation for, and during, labor strikes and picketing.
- Advice and counsel to management concerning decertification and deauthorization votes.
- Leadership in collective bargaining negotiations.
- Lead counsel for labor arbitrations and advice concerning contractual grievances.
- JD, The University of Texas School of Law, 2003
- BA, University of California, Berkeley, 1998
Rate : $$$