Adam Rankin provides counsel to the energy industry on environmental and natural resources compliance, permitting, administrative appeals, and complex litigation. Adam has extensive experience navigating New Mexico’s complex water rights issues and Indian water rights settlements.
Adam guides oil and gas clients through state and federal administrative and regulatory matters relating to all aspects of exploration, drilling, and development, including acid gas disposal, surface waste management facilities, and air quality permitting.
He focuses on environmental litigation, including water rights adjudication and permitting, and class action claims for underpayment of oil and gas royalty in federal and state courts.
Adam regularly appears before the Interior Board of Land Appeals, challenging Bureau of Land Management orders and Office of Natural Resources Revenue assessments for underpayment of federal royalty.
Prior to joining Holland & Hart, Adam clerked for Justice Edward Chávez of the New Mexico Supreme Court.
- University of New Mexico, J.D., 2009
- Columbia University, M.S., 2001
Bar Admissions : New Mexico
- Federal District Court of New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- State Bar of New Mexico, Member
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- First Judicial District Access to Justice Committee, Member, 2011-Present
Rate : $$$$