Adam H. Sencenbaugh has tried more than 20 cases to jury verdict. He represents clients in employment litigation and general civil litigation in arbitration, federal court, state court, the State Office of Administrative Hearings (“SOAH”), and various state administrative agencies. Adam serves as a trusted advisor to clients navigating a wide range of employment law issues, including compliance with Title VII, § 1981, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, and FLSA.
Adam’s employment litigation practice is focused on defending clients against claims of systemic discrimination prosecuted by the EEOC, as well as protecting employers against unfair competition and breaches of fiduciary duties. Adam also served as co-counsel for a coalition of 88 school districts in a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the state’s current school finance system.
This lawsuit, which was tried over the course of 16 weeks, culminated in a 382-page decision from State District Judge John Dietz in August 2014, holding Texas’s school finance system unconstitutional on all of the grounds asserted by Haynes and Boone’s clients.
While working at Haynes and Boone, Adam served as a volunteer prosecutor for the city of Houston, where he prosecuted thousands of misdemeanor cases for the state of Texas. Prior to joining the firm, Adam completed a federal district court clerkship and served as an intern in the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Texas in Austin.
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 2007, with honors; Order of the Coif; Texas Law Review
- B.A., University of Southern Mississippi, 2003, summa cum laude
- Law Clerk, Hon. Keith Starrett, United States District Judge, Southern District of Mississippi, 2007-2008
- Texas, 2007
- Mississippi, 2008
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- Equal Employment Opportunity Committee, American Bar Association
- Director, Civil Litigation Section of Austin Bar Association
- American Inns of Court – Lloyd Lochridge Inn
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Young Leader, United Way of Greater Austin
Rate : $$$