Adam Shipley advises his clients in their most significant transactional and corporate matters—providing practical and efficient advice that helps his clients stay focused on achieving business goals. Adam has extensive experience representing his clients in a variety of transactions involving various industries—including energy, manufacturing, healthcare, industrials, life sciences and information technology.
Adam has extensive experience negotiating and managing company sale transactions, having advised many private equity buyers and sellers in buyout transactions.
- Ardian North America Direct Buyouts in its acquisition of Revere Plastics Systems (2018);
- Aretex Capital Partners in its acquisition of Alerian (2018);
- Corporate members of Fidelis Care in the $3.75 billion sale of Fidelis Care to Centene Corporation (2018);
- Montefiore Medical Center in its joint venture with Crystal Run Healthcare (2018);
- CA, Inc. (Nasdaq: CA) in its acquisition of Runscope Inc. (2017);
- Ardian North America Direct Buyouts in its acquisition of Dynamic Technologies S.p.A. (2017);
- Electro Rent Corporation (Nasdaq:ELRC) in its $382 million sale to Platinum Equity (2016);
- Trench Plate Rental Co. in its sale to Oaktree Capital (2016); and
- March Vision Care in its sale to UnitedHealth Group (2016)
Adam has extensive experience counseling healthcare organizations in significant transactions, including, for example, representations of Montefiore Medical Center, March Vision Care, Pacific Dental Services, Heritage Development Organization and Sansum Clinic. Adam routinely assists healthcare clients with sale of the company transactions, joint ventures and affiliations.
Adam represents startup companies in their formation and day-to-day legal needs, as well as in financing transactions. Adam also represents investors in venture and growth equity transactions including, for example, institutional investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Fortistar, Fosun Group and Shanghai Pharmaceuticals.
Adam believes in providing pro bono legal services for worthy causes. Adam is outside corporate legal counsel to Circulate San Diego, which is a grassroots organization promoting walkable, bikeable and sustainable development in the San Diego region. Adam periodically provides transactional advice to GLAAD. Adam also recently won a pro bono asylum case.
Adam clerked for the Honorable Federico A. Moreno in Miami, Florida. Clerking for Judge Moreno, the (then) chief United States District Judge of the Southern District of Florida, provided Adam an understanding of how litigation works—and an excellent perspective for strategizing how to mitigate litigation risks in transactional and corporate governance matters.
- J.D., Notre Dame Law School, cum laude, 2006
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, cum laude, with honors, 2003
Admissions : California
- Represented Multi Modal Imaging Corporation, an intellectual property licensing concern with intellectual property related to advanced MRI technology used in executive health/human longevity services, in its venture financing by and joint venture with an affiliate of Genting Berhad.
- Represented DR Systems, Inc., a manufacturer of medical imaging information systems, in connection with its sale to Merge Healthcare.
- Represented venture capital group Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in connection with the spin-off and Series A Preferred Stock financing of True North Therapeutics, Inc., a development stage pharmaceutical company.
- Represented venture capital group Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in connection with its financing of iPierian, Inc., a development stage pharmaceutical company.
- Represented Atara Biotherapeutics, Inc. and its sister companies (Nina Biotherapeutics, Inc., Pinta Biotherapeutics, Inc., and Santa Maria Biotherapeutics) in connection with a Series A Preferred Stock financing.
- Represented the corporate members of Fidelis Care, New York’s largest Medicaid manage care plan, in the $3.75 billion sale of Fidelis Care to Centene Corporation, the nation’s largest Medicaid managed care plan provider.
- Represented Visalia Medical Clinic, a multi-specialty medical group practice, in its affiliation with the Kaweah Delta Health Care District through the creation of the Kaweah Delta Medical Foundation.
- Represented two surgery centers in Southern California in connection with the sale of a controlling interest in the surgery centers to a private equity group.
- Represented Pomeroy IT Solutions, Inc., a provider of information technology products and services, in connection with its sale to Platinum Equity, LLC.
- Represented Trench Plate Rental Co., a provider of trench protection equipment service and solutions to the construction industry, in connection with its sale to Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
- Represented Two Jinn, Inc., the owner of the 52 Aladdin Bail Bonds retail locations in the western United States, in connection with its sale of assets to Endeavour Capital Partners.
Rate : $$$$