Adam R. Skilken focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate counseling. Adam has represented both public and private companies across a wide range of industries. He has significant experience working with private equity firms and their portfolio companies, handling acquisitions, dispositions, corporate finance, joint ventures and strategic investments. Adam has also represented both creditors and debtors in bankruptcy and restructuring transactions.
- Represented Sterling Partners in the sale of Cornerstone Records Management to Iron Mountain Information Management; also represented Sterling Partners in the initial acquisition of Cornerstone and over 20 add-on acquisitions.
- Represented the estate of Kevin McClory in the sale of intellectual property rights in the James Bond film franchise to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Danjaq, LLC.
- Provides general corporate counseling to portfolio companies of Sterling Partners and GTCR.
- Assisted with the restructuring of multiple portfolio companies on behalf of a Chicago-based private equity firm.
- Represented a publicly traded medical device company in the acquisition of the surgical products division of a multinational diversified industrial company.
- Assisted in the acquisition of a heavy equipment manufacturer on behalf of a non-U.S. private equity firm.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2000, Articles Editor for the Law Review
- M.B.A., Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management, 2000
- B.A., Dartmouth College, 1995, cum laude
Admissions : Illinois
Rate : $$$