Adam H. Solomon regularly advises clients on all legal issues associated with information security programs, cybersecurity incidents and electronic surveillance practices.
He also assists clients with complex commercial contracting matters related to privacy, data protection and information security issues.
Adam assists clients in identifying, evaluating and managing global privacy and information security risks and compliance issues.
During law school, Adam served as a research assistant for the Hon. Richard A. Posner and the economist William Landes. He also served as an intern with the US Secret Service, assisting with cyber crime and identity theft investigations.
Adam has designed and published mobile applications for the iOS platform, and has technical experience working with database and information security applications.
- Counsels clients on various electronic surveillance and computer trespass laws, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, state anti-wiretapping and eavesdropping laws, state employee monitoring laws, state anti-spyware laws, and common law privacy and trespass torts.
- Assists clients with complex information privacy, confidentiality and security contracting matters, including in the preparation and negotiation of technology and outsourcing transactions involving payment processing and e-commerce services, cloud-based services, ERP implementations, software development and business consulting services.
- Advises clients on compliance with data security laws and industry standards, including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, New York State Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Regulation, Regulation ATS, FTC Act, HIPAA Security Rule, FCRA, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NERC CIP Standards, and other federal, state and industry requirements.
- Assists clients in evaluating cybersecurity and privacy risks and negotiating purchase agreements in connection with potential acquisitions, including target companies in the payment processing, health care and cloud computing industries.
- Advises clients on cybersecurity and data breach incident response, including preparation of investigative reports and required notifications pursuant to state breach notification laws, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the HITECH Act.
- JD, University of Chicago Law School, 2013
- MS, Computer Science, University of Chicago, 2013
- BA, New York University, magna cum laude, 2008
- New York
Rate : $$$