Adam F. Summerfield practices in complex commercial litigation, with a recent focus on lender liability defense, class action defense, complex financial disputes, constitutional law, and mortgage disputes.
As part of his practice, Adam has represented leading national banks and mortgage companies. He also has handled matters of creditors’ rights, receiverships, secured transaction disputes for real and personal property, and writs of attachment.
Adam has also drafted and responded to pleadings and dispositive motions; taken and defended depositions; managed written and electronic discovery; and appeared and argued in state and federal courts.
In addition, he has experience in civil rights matters, complex civil litigation, domestic and international copyright disputes, sports and entertainment issues, environmental litigation, products liability/toxic tort cases, and state and federal government regulatory matters.
While in law school, Adam was a member of the St. Thomas More Law Honor Society, and was selected to receive First Honors in trial advocacy. While an undergraduate at UCLA, he was named the University Undergraduate Research Scholar of the Humanities in 2003-2004 for his work on Aaron Copland and the development of modern American Classical music.
In his spare time, Adam is the principal percussionist and timpanist for the Los Angeles Lawyers Philharmonic, and enjoys attending UCLA football and basketball games.
- Loyola Law School Los Angeles, JD, Member, Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review, 2008
- University of California Los Angeles, BA, Musicology, cum laude, with Departmental Highest Honors, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Affiliations : Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$