Adam Smith is an attorney and venture investor with nearly two decades of experience as an executive managing global legal affairs, corporate securities, technology contracting, and mergers and acquisitions. He serves as a board member and advisor to technology clients, including startups and early growth companies, in diverse sectors including cybersecurity, health and telemedicine, SaaS, Fintech, blockchain, and drones.
Most recently, Adam was a partner at Medina Capital, a venture capital firm where he was responsible for sourcing potential investment opportunities and providing portfolio companies with strategic advice in business development, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, intellectual property protection, contracting, and all legal issues.
Prior to joining Medina Capital, Adam served as VP & Deputy General Counsel at Verizon and as Chief Legal Officer and Secretary of Terremark, a NASDAQ listed IT infrastructure provider, where he was responsible for global legal affairs including securities regulation, mergers and acquisitions, financings, vendor and customer contracting, and intellectual property as well as providing advice to senior management on a wide range of legal issues relating to Terremark’s products and services.
Before joining Terremark, he led the electronic commerce and technology law practice for a Miami-based international law firm with a focus on domestic and international corporate transactions, venture capital, and corporate securities for technology clients.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- Tufts University (B.A., 1994)
- Partner, Medina Capital, Miami (2012-2017)
- VP & Deputy General Counsel, Verizon Terremark, Miami (2011-2012)
- Chief Legal Officer & Secretary, Verizon Terremark, Miami (2006-2012)
- SVP & Deputy General Counsel, Verizon Terremark, Miami (2005-2006)
- VP & Assistant General Counsel, Verizon Terremark, Miami (2004-2005)
- Director of Electronic Commerce & Technology Law Group , Adorno & Yoss, Miami (2000-2004)
Rate : $$$$