Adam Green, a shareholder in the Houston office, leads the Firm’s Water Technology & Water Treatment Group. Mr. Green concentrates his practice in matters involving water handling systems, water treatment chemistry, products liability, commercial litigation, construction and toxic torts on a national scale. He has served as lead counsel in more than 25 states from Hawaii to Florida to Massachusetts.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1996
- Texas, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Defended the first reported Legionella wrongful death case against a chemical water treater from the trial court through the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- National defense of the catastrophic failure of condenser water systems and mechanical equipment.
- Successfully defended exposure-induced wrongful death and serious personal injury claims incident to bacteria, pesticides, urethanes, polymers, biocides, asbestos and others.
- Defense of multi-million dollar construction claims arising from corrosion related failures of mechanical equipment and condenser water systems.
- Secured complete dismissal and an award of attorney’s fees in corrosion based failures of system water piping in HVAC, process cooling and fire water systems.
- Defense of complex disputes including contractual indemnity claims involving general contractors, HVAC mechanical subcontractors, architects, engineers, pipe suppliers, building maintenance and water treaters.
- Lead counsel in cooling technology cases involving the catastrophic failure of condenser water systems and mechanical equipment.
- Lead counsel in matters relating to industrial and commercial cooling through open and closed loop systems, large and small bore condenser water pipes, boiler water and heat exchangers.
- Successfully examined experts in the fields of epidemiology, public health, mechanical engineering, water chemistry and microbiology regarding issues of exposure, prevention and control.
- Intimate knowledge of the history and development of ASHRAE 188P and ASHRAE 188.
- Achieved a full defense decision in products liability arbitration proceedings.
- Represented a consumer products manufacturer in a complex product liability matter wherein statutory indemnity rights were contested and secured.
- Defended railroad cross fatalities and crossing closure actions.
- Lead counsel in defense of personal injuries claims incident to rail cars.
- Successfully tried a real estate agency dispute against a national realty firm involving breach of fiduciary duties, failure to disclosure, fraud and violations of the Texas DTPA.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Faculty – Environmental Risk Strategies Institute, University of Houston (2011)
- Presenter – Product Liability & Emerging Toxic Torts, University of Houston (2011)
- Keynote Speaker – “Legal Perspectives in Occupational Medicine,” University of Texas School of Public Health (2010)
- Instructor – Nanotechnology, I2ERM (Summer 2008)
- Instructor – Product Liability & Emerging Toxic Torts, I2ERM (Spring 2008)
- Instructor – Vapor Intrusion: A Volatile Legal Horizon (Winter 2006)
Rate : $$$$