Adam Wiley focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, cybersecurity and data privacy, and internal investigations. He has substantial experience in all aspects of civil litigation from case intake through final disposition on appeal. Adam has represented clients in state and federal district courts throughout California and the United States.
He has guided clients through the appellate process in the California Courts of Appeal and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Prior to joining the firm, Adam was an associate in the Santa Monica, California office of an international law firm where Adam concentrated his practice on complex commercial litigation matters involving real estate, manufactured housing, and intellectual property issues.
Previously, Adam was an associate in the Los Angeles, California office of a national law firm where he practiced general litigation.
While attending law school, Adam served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Jeffrey King in the California Court of Appeal, Fourth District, Division Two in Riverside, California. He was also a member of the UCLA Native American Law Student’s Association and participated in the National Native American Law Students Association Moot Court Competition.
Adam is proficient in Spanish.
- *Served as second chair trial counsel in a unanimous jury trial defense verdict on behalf of prominent commercial real estate investor with $10 million in damages alleged.
- *Led federal class action defense of a former business school professor and entrepreneur involving alleged wage and hour violations and false advertising claims by former students of an online “big data” research course taught by the client.
- *Represented the former co-owner of large wine distributor in “business divorce” arbitration involving breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and other related claims.
- *Obtained expedited settlement and distribution of trust’s assets in probate matter of first impression, where the trust purported to block distribution of all assets while the decedent’s corpse is cryogenically frozen for 89 years.
- *Experience gained by attorney prior to joining Kilpatrick Townsend
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D. (2014)
- Stanford University, B.A., History (2011)
- California (2014)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California (2015)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California (2018)
Rate : $$$