Adrian J. Perry’s practice focuses on matters involving emerging and innovative uses of technology, intellectual property, and data. Mr. Perry works with clients across a range of industries, with a particular focus on advising sports leagues and media and entertainment companies on technology transactions, and advising clients regarding content licensing and distribution issues through digital and mobile platforms.
Mr. Perry also has significant experience advising clients in the technology, travel, and beverage industries. A musician who has toured internationally, Mr. Perry brings to his legal practice significant experience in the entertainment and media industries.
He has licensed his music for film and television, worked as an A&R consultant for a major record label for several years, and has experience in television production, spending two years working for a late night network comedy show.
In addition to stand-alone intellectual property and technology transactions, Mr. Perry has advised numerous clients on the intellectual property, privacy and technology aspects of private equity, M&A, joint venture, financing, and other corporate transactions. Mr. Perry is a certified information privacy professional (CIPP/US) and part of the firm’s Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things initiatives.
Mr. Perry’s past and current clients include American Airlines, AMC, Bacardi, CBS, the L.A. Clippers, the NBA, the NFL, the NHL, the National Music Publishers’ Association, Smithsonian Channel, Squarespace, Univision, Viacom, the WWE and major record labels.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2008
- Stanford University, B.A./M.A., 2003
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- Represented the Los Angeles Clippers in connection with its agreement with Second Spectrum to create an AI-Enhanced, Augmented Reality Video Streaming Product.
- Advised the NBA on the technology and IP aspects of its e-sports venture with Take Two Interactive.
- Advised the NHL in connection with technology development and services agreements, including with respect to collection and analysis of data.
- Represented Bacardi in connection with a global marketing alliance with South American rum producer.
- Advised Ben Silverman and Propagate Content in its acquisitions of Electus and a majority stake in Artists First from IAC.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Member
- The Recording Academy, Member, New York Chapter
Rate : $$$$