Adriana Paris focuses her practice on the defense of corporations in complex tort, class actions and product liability matters. She has experience in all stages of trial preparation, including fact investigation, depositions, motion practice and discovery strategies. Adriana has played an integral role at several multiweek trials throughout the state of Florida.
Additionally, she serves as a member of the firm’s legal issues group where she drafts motions and bench briefs for trial teams, as well as provides remote legal issues support.
After practicing at Shook for nearly four years, she joined Checkers & Rally’s, the largest double drive-thru quick service restaurant company in the country, as in-house counsel.
She oversaw all of the company’s litigation and threatened litigation, including employment discrimination, wage and hour, personal injury, franchisee disputes, and other contractual disputes. Adriana represented the company before various governmental agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the Department of Labor and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and she mediated numerous cases on behalf of Checkers & Rally’s. Adriana also managed the company’s general liability and workers’ compensation programs. She played an integral part in the company’s preparation for a private equity sale.
Adriana also was a summer associate with Shook, and interned with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security where she first-chaired two asylum cases resolved in favor of the government.
In addition to her litigation practice, Adriana serves as pro bono attorney to children in foster care and to children in delinquency court. As a dedicated attorney for children, Adriana has presented at pro bono trainings and has teamed up with in-house attorneys to represent foster children.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law, 2012
- Florida Journal of International Law(Best Note Winner 2012)
- Florida Journal of Technology Law & Policy (Best Note Winner 2012)
- Book Award in International Trade Law
- Chester H. Ferguson Scholarship
- Delta Epsilon Iota Academic Honor Society
- Jessup Moot Court
- B.A., with honors, University of Central Florida Burnett Honors College, 2009 (Political Science; Minor in Legal Studies)
- Crossroads for Florida Kids
Rate : $$$$