Adrianne Ortega is a partner in the firm’s health care and public finance practice groups. Adrianne advises academic medical centers, hospitals, physician practices, pharmaceutical and medical device clients and other health care organizations in connection with affiliations, acquisitions mergers, joint ventures and alignment strategies, managed care contracting, and tax-exempt and taxable public finance transactions.
Adrianne also provides regulatory and compliance advice to health care organizations, including advice regarding the HIPAA privacy and security rules, value-based health care and the implementation of federal health care reform. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Adrianne earned a master’s degree in public health (concentration in health law and bioethics).
- JD, cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2009; Projects Editor,American Journal of Law and Medicine;Edward F. Hennessey Distinguished Scholar
- MPH (Health Law, Bioethics and Human Rights), Boston University, 2006
- BS (Behavioral Neuroscience), cum laude, Northeastern University, 2004
- New York, 2010
- Massachusetts, 2009
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- Boston Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Health Care Transactions. Represented multiple community hospitals, large health systems and other health care providers in affiliations and joint ventures, including membership substitution, sale of controlling interests and asset sales. Represented nonprofit hospital system in the sale of its assisted living facility to a for-profit buyer. Represented a community hospital in physician network development and integration. Represented a large nonprofit hospital in an innovative genomics joint venture with a for-profit laboratory testing company.
- Academic Medical Centers. Counseled a national university regarding strategic options related to spin-off or realignment of controlled teaching hospital and faculty practice plans, and separation of credit structures. Advised a national university regarding evaluation and negotiation of spin-off transactions for its controlled teaching hospital, including with respect to potential transactions with both a for-profit and non-profit acquirer.
- Public Finance. Participated in more than $3 billion in various tax-exempt and taxable bond offerings for multiple health care and biotech clients in Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut and California as borrower’s, bond and underwriter’s counsel.
- Privacy and Security Compliance. Counseled a hospital regarding response to an investigation and negotiation of a resolution agreement with the HHS Office for Civil Rights following a HIPAA security incident, as well as an academic medical center in connection with an investigation and negotiation of a resolution agreement with a state Attorney General. Provide ongoing counseling of multiple health care organizations regarding privacy and security compliance matters.
Rate : $$$