Adrienne M. Baker focuses her practice on the taxation of private and regulated investment companies—including hedge funds and private equity funds—and financial products; partnership taxation; and international taxation, including FATCA.
Ms. Baker is continuously ranked as a leading tax lawyer by The Legal 500 (US), which praised her as “truly an expert on tax matters related to hedge fund products.” In 2015, she was named one of the 50 Leading Women in Hedge Funds by The Hedge Fund Journal in a report sponsored by EY which recognizes 50 female hedge fund industry leaders based on data gathered from interviews with industry experts based in Asia, the US and Europe.
In 2016, she was chosen as one of 50 Top Women in Law by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly for her outstanding accomplishments in the legal community. In 2017, she was elected a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, a global honor society of lawyers who have demonstrated outstanding dedication to the highest principles of the legal profession and to the welfare of their communities.
Ms. Baker is a former chair of the New Developments Subcommittee of the Committee on Investment Companies of the American Bar Association’s Tax Section, and is a frequent speaker at investment fund conferences. She is also a member of the patent bar.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), S.B., 1981
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1985, magna cum laude, Recipient of the Justinian Law Society Scholarship and editor of the Boston University International Law Journal
- Boston University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 1991
- New York
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association’s Tax Section
- Boston Bar Association’s Tax Section
Rate : $$$