Adrienne M. Ward is an accomplished litigator with experience representing public companies and financial institutions in securities litigation and enforcement matters. Adrienne focuses her practice on the representation of public companies and financial institutions, including broker-dealers, investment advisors, private funds and equity crowdfunding platforms, and their employees in civil litigation, internal investigations and regulatory enforcement matters.
Her litigation practice includes representing parties in securities class actions and other claims brought under the securities laws, business disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes and derivative claims brought in state and federal court and in arbitration proceedings.
Adrienne also represents business entities outside the securities industry in general commercial litigation matters. Her regulatory experience includes representing clients before the SEC, FINRA, New York Attorney General and other securities regulators in investigations and disciplinary proceedings.
Adrienne has defended clients in such industry-wide matters as market timing and research analyst rules, equity trading practices, supervision of sales practices, anti-money laundering (AML) and a variety of registration, accounting and other reporting requirements. She provides counsel regarding compliance with securities laws, rules and regulations and on the regulatory examination process.
In addition, Adrienne’s background includes internal investigations and white collar criminal defense work. Immediately prior to joining Olshan, Adrienne was a partner in the Litigation practice at Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP for over seven years and a partner and associate at Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP in the Securities Litigation Practice group for over nine years.
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 1994
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1985
Bar & Court Admissions :
- New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2018
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- NYC Bar Association, Committee on Women in the Legal Profession (Member, 2018-current)
- NYC Bar Association, Civil Rights Committee (Member, 2013-2017)
- NYC Bar Association, Administrative Law Committee (Secretary, 2008-2009; Chair, 2009-2012)
- SIFMA, Compliance and Legal Division
Rate : $$$$