Aimee Furness focuses on clients’ needs in litigation – whether that is a “bet the company” litigation or using procedural tactics to rid a client of meritless or frivolous claims. Aimee represents entities involved in actions based on tortious interference, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty and has tried cases to judgment in both state and federal courts before both judges and juries.
Aimee’s wealth of experience spans a broad range of commercial litigation issues, including Real Estate and Construction Litigation, including condemnation matters, landlord/tenant disputes, property-related disputes and oil and gas issues; and Franchise and Distribution Litigation, including trademark infringement, breach of non-competition agreements, and breach of license agreements and trademark ownership.
A well-written contract can significantly limit a client’s liability in a dispute. Aimee’s knowledge of frequently-litigated clauses (and the potential outcomes in those disputes) allows her to provide clients with pre-litigation counseling on potential contracts.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2000, cum laude; Hatton W. Sumners Scholar; SMU Law Review Association, Articles Editor 1999-2000; Staff Member, 1998-1999
- M.A., Political Science, Colorado State University, 1997
- B.A., Political Science, Southern Methodist University, 1995
- B.S., Mathematics, Southern Methodist University, 1995
- Texas, 2000
- New York, 2007
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$