AJ Farkas is a corporate associate and a member of the Insurance Group. Ms. Farkas joined Debevoise in 2016. Ms. Farkas received a J.D. from Columbia Law School as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar in 2016.
At Columbia, Ms. Farkas was a recipient of the Parker School Certificate for Achievement in Foreign and Comparative Law and an articles editor for the Columbia Journal of Tax Law. She received a B.A. magna cum laude from Colgate University in 2013.
- Crescent Capital Group, KKR Credit Advisors, LLC and GoldPoint Partners, LLC, as prepetition noteholders and debtor-in-possession lenders to The Rockport Company and its subsidiaries, in connection with the company’s Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Syncora Holdings, as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, in connection with the ongoing highly-publicized and complex restructuring negotiations relating to PREPA’s and the Commonwealth’s extensive funded debt.
- Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Company in a loss portfolio transfer of legacy U.S. insurance liabilities to Alea North America Insurance, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bermuda-based run-off firm Catalina Holdings.
- Prosperity Life Insurance in its sale to an investor group.
- David’s Bridal in its successful pre-packaged Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, under which David’s Bridal cut its debt by more than $400 million while preserving its business intact and ensuring that 80,000 pending customer orders and all trade claims would be satisfied without interruption.
- Gramercy Funds Management, as debtor-in-possession lender and one of the largest shareholders and creditors of Banro Corporation, a Canadian mining company with operations in the Democratic Republic of Congo, which successfully restructured under CCAA proceedings in Canada.
- Resolution Life in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to Global Bankers Insurance Group.
- Columbia Law School, 2016, J.D.
- Colgate University, 2013, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$